Monday 5 December 2011

Letting the sunshine in.

This month I put down the crime novels, turned off the DVD boxsets and took a breather from all the dark and troubled matter that usually calls me to witness.

So this is what it feels like to be one of those "positive people" (shudder). It feels odd, like trying to walk in a mermaid suit. I've been here before, it never lasts, the world always slaps that hippie grin right off your face.

But see, there's a new young person in my life who needs some sunlight and I've gotta be the provider.

I've decided to put down my work in progress 'til early next year, which completely sucks, but again, I can't be sifting through psychic riverbottom sludge while also meeting a small person's need for lightness and hope and level-heartedness. Maybe I'm framing it too dualistically, maybe it really is all one experience as I've always thought, but for now this feels like the right thing to do.

I will be back. Til then, keep kickin', friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment