Monday 1 August 2011

I love this short doco.

At film school I made friends with a young Directing student who needed to make a short video documentary for her first year project. Since she was new to Sydney and didn't know where to start, I brought her back to Mount Druitt and St. Marys, my birthplace, the home of my family, the place where our matriarch can still be found.

I showed the Director around (the way Daniel Woodrell might have shown around the Winter's Bone movie crew, making sure they were, if not welcomed, at least not rammed off the road or hunted for sport). Over a month or two the Director settled in and went out exploring and meeting folks on her own. In the end she found a hell of a story. I don't see much of her these days but I still have a sweet spot for the documentary she made. Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment